Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Denise Leigh and Stefan Andrusyschyn

Today in an attempt to be a bit more cultured, and support someone I know I went along to one of the lunchtime recitals in Oxford today. I love the acoustics of the chapels here, and today was absolutely glorious. Stefan and Denise are the only classical accordion/soprano duo in this country, so it was a real treat to have an hour of their talent as they led us through an excellent program of music. Classical accordion sounds rather like a chamber organ; something I have always liked. If you ever get to hear these two, DO! Their remit is impressive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

It sounds lovely, although my usual take on the accordion can be summarised by this definition of a gentleman - 'one who can play the accordion, but doesn't'. However, if he's an accordionist, why is he sitting at the piano in your pic?

3:59 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

good point! I didn't get a picture of him playing the accordian, and the last two pieces were on the piano....!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home