Thursday, October 02, 2008

Day 4 in the hills

Today marks the penultimate day of my delightful programming course. By 4pm tomorrow I will be a 'programming genius' - I just know it!

Last night I went to visit some friends in the country for some supper and natter. They are lovely, and the youngest daughter gave me a ukulele lesson. I took such a shine to the instrument that Rob decided to continue his introduction of weird and wonderful music to me (his last introduction was about 20 years ago and involved the BonzoDogDooDarBand), and we watched some of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - they are FANTASTIC! If you ever get the chance to go and see them, DO. I am certainly going to be tracking them down to see where their tours are, and go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

yes, they are excellent live...

mandolins could have ukes in a fight any day, though. ;-)

3:49 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I heard about the UOGB on Radio Four (where else does one hear about anything?). They sound huge fun.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Formby was a great northern ukeleleist!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home