Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bones likes the Tortoise

Several weeks ago, when I was moored in Abingdon, the Tortoise was in the vicinity. This made me smile a lot as I have been following his blog, and his travels and we had tried to meet up a few times, but failed. This time we did meet, and how glorious that was; we gathered for curry as the sun set behind St Helens church. Simon is a chatter and we had so much to chat about there weren't really enough hours minutes or seconds in the night, it was one fun evening. Despite having raided his shopping bag on the towpath for the ingredients for supper, he still arrived with a gift:



I couldn't believe how kind it was to be given a present and such a lovely one at that. Simon told me he had a box full.... but even so, he gave ME one. This made me smile alot. Now the tortoise sits next to me on the table with a nightlight in (given to me by the delightful Miss T)

Despite being immune to fantastic science, I enjoyed the evening with Simon - thanks for stopping by!

5 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

{blush}. ;-)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortimer bones you are a ledge

9:29 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

why thank you! What, however, is a 'ledge'?

Are you saying my bum looks big in this?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ledge as in Legend maybe?

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home