Tuesday, August 05, 2008

To Paint to Vinyl to Blank?

I have, with the help of Maffi, completed the paint work for this year on the great ship. I had thought about painting the name on the front panels by hand, but decided that I really do want them to look the same as they are usually seen together. I looked into Vinyl and found a super place in Abingdon who sent me an imposed image on the front of Bones - the name with a skull either side. The problem is it was 60pounds which included fitting. Maffi got his name bits on the front done at Walton on Thames for 24pounds... quite a difference.

I can't decide whether to spend the money, get them online, or just get my paint brush out and do it myself.

Perhaps my next project will be to learn to signwrite.

7 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

Or you could ask hunky Joe at Oxford Cruisers - I've seen some of his sign writing and it's excellent.Which is a minor miracle given how accident prone he is!

10:57 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

but is he expensive?!

12:20 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I have no idea - but I can enquire...? And you could give him free publicity in your column?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'll do you the 'cartoon' and you do the painting?

4:10 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

what cartoon? can you do it as a stencil?

4:34 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Sixty pounds strikes me as pretty reasonable really!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

'Cartoon' is a full size drawing. You transfer this to the boat's side and then paint by numbers.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home