Monday, July 07, 2008

Quiet Sunday - hahahahaha

A dear friend of mine, the master of pottering, passed on his great wisdom and taught me to potter. I am not a good student, and it has taken a while for me to potter for extensive periods of time, but this weekend I excelled myself! I spent most of Saturday pottering around; I did a bit of paper work, a bit of paint work, a bit of shuffling things around, and a bit of this and that. I even managed lunch in the pub! I retired to my quarters triumphant! On Sunday, Maffi was around, so I decided I would introduce him to pottering. I picked him up on my bike, and took him into town for a coffee and a read of the papers. After a coffee (but no papers yet), we took a stroll around the town. I picked up a leaflet for eye tests at 10pounds and marched Maffi into Boots to get his eyes tested. For some time Maffi has been squinting and I haven't been at all convinced he can actually 'see' very well. This of course he has laughed at, telling me he is quite visually aware and has no problems at all. Well, well, well, the eye test marked the end of our pottering. Suddenly we were on our way to the eye hospital emergency unit, and then discussing all the things that need doing before he goes in to have his torn retina stuck back in (it is the other eye this time). So, off we went to Eynsham for water and a pump out, and finally settled down to supper at 8pm.

So, if you want to have a quiet day pottering around doing odd jobs, shuffling and generally chilling out. Don't take Maffi with you!

I did mention to my boss about Maffi's torn retina, and he wondered what on earth is wrong with him as the other eye had similar (although two tares) last year. He has concluded that Maffi decides he needs some TLC and remembered that I am an exceptional cook (exceptionally bad... but exceptional all the same, I reach a quality you can't even pay for - it is a REAL treat!), and a splendid nurse. He clearly whacks himself in the eye on purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home