Friday, July 11, 2008

Moving the Deer

Having moved swapped my dining room and sitting room, the deer head hat stand is no longer in a suitable position. I found myself developing the strangest of walks/swaggers to avoid it. Unfortunately there is currently no-where else to hang it. The ideal place would be in the new sitting room, but when I had a go, the lining started to come down due to the weight of the skull, not to mention the added weight of the hats! So... I have been eyeing up the flimsy wall coverings and trying to muster up the enthusiasm to strip the rubbish off, and put new stuff on. To tongue and groove, or to not tongue and groove is the question! I had thought I would T&G below the gunwhale, and do ply above, but I think I will do it the other way around. First I need to reveal the horrors behind the current lining.

It never ceases to amaze me how I can find energy to strip an entire room down to the lining, just so it will hold a hook for a hat stand. Extravagance or what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home