Monday, June 30, 2008

The Holiday: Photos

I was getting serious cabin fever, so having the opportunity to spend a week away from the office, I was really looking forward to spending some time in a *house*. The apartment we chose was set in a vineyard and was nothing short of delightful, the gardens were absolutely teaming with wildlife, and badgers and foxes came to the patio each evening.

Apart from a hiccup in the middle, the holiday was just what I needed, being away from my normal surroundings gave me the time to rest and recuperate, and Worcester has some lovely sights! I was totally smitten with Witley Court:



And the local parish church:





and the middle of this hedge at Hanbury Hall. I love navigating around places inside the hedges, they are such peaceful places to be:


I was rather alarmed to be reminded of my godparent duties...


the signs on the barrels reads:


I thought the angels on Lord Lyttelton (1817-76)tomb in Worcester Cathedral were glorious:



The highlight of the week was definitely the steam train. I just love steam.











I like bikes too....

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

re Witley:

http://www.marsdenarchive.com/library/preview.php?id=00000286&loc=00000001&pg=1&slo=00000103

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home