Thursday, June 19, 2008

all hail the slug

I took a trip into Abingdon this morning, before work, and enjoyed a lovely breakfast in one of the coffee shops there; cake and coffee. During my time I browsed through that popular rag the daily mail. The daily mail is the subject of much snobbery around the dinner table, so when I am out I always make sure I read it in order to quote it in the correct company; I just love the looks of disdain.

Anyway, today there was a double spread about the slug. I have done a quick search and found the following related article, but I dont think it is the actual one - you will need to read the paper for that!

You will also remember that I had a delicious dinner with two leading slug experts.. WeepingCross and the delicious Sarah who have increased my awareness of these creatures (see here for some comments!). Indeed, I am tempted to join their "the slug is NOT a snail without a shell on" campaign.

5 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

Perhaps we can get some t-shirts printed?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

the daily mail is evil. All good people should boycott it.

11:32 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I must remember to buy you a subscription for your birthday!

=0)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

if you must buy me a Tory rag at least make it the telegraph - that has good sports coverage.

3:28 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I have three points to make:
1. In actual fact, I seem to have amazingly managed to get rid of most of the slugs - I've only seen tiny ones for several days, and praise God they have steered clear of my newly-planted mint, basil and parsley. This is something of a triumph, and I would hold a party to celebrate were it not for the certain knowledge that they would all come back again the night before.
2. I note Sarah is now 'delicious' which is an advance even on the 'lovely' you used when you last reported the conversation. In fact, on that occasion the only participants who weren't 'lovely' were Alex and me. That tells you something.
3. I wonder what line the Daily Mail is taking on Mr Davis and his admirable campaign to restore our traditional British liberties? They must be caught in a complete tizzy trying to decide whether they like State snoopers less than terrorists or immigrants. I'm fully supporting Mr Davis despite his political allegiance - but, curiously, I can't help thinking he does look a bit like a slug.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home