Thursday, May 01, 2008

Retail Therepy

I am told that the ultimate way to cheer oneself up after a stressful week is to go shopping. Unfortunately I have never really enjoyed shopping unless it is for nuts, bolts, screws and other useful things.
Taking these two things into consideration I thought I should embrace retail therapy in style and buy something useful. I currently walk down the mooring to the car, which I park at the bus stop, I take the bus, and then I walk from the bus stop to work. This takes quite some time, and with the rise in fuel prices and the ozone-unfriendly-one-person-in-a-car syndrome I decided I was using too many forms of transport, and using too much valuable time (about an hour) travelling to and from work, which door to door by car takes about 20minutes.
It was pay day yesterday so I pootled along to one of my favourite shops to have a look around, and this morning I parted with my pay cheque and bought a new toy. I pick it up tomorrow.

I am not sure what affect retail therapy is MEANT to have, but I am feeling rather shocked, anxious, and a little unsure about my bank balance.

The last time I embarked upon such an expensive shopping trip was when my university fee's went into my bank account. I went out the following day, spent them, and then had to explain to the College that my fees were actually sitting outside in the form of a deliciously wonderfully shiny fabulous Bandit 600cc Motorcycle. They were surprisingly supportive.
I haven't gone QUITE so over board, and have purchased a 125Cc instead.

I think it will take me most of the year to recover from my shopping spree, but at least I don't have to worry about having a horrid week anymore, I am in shock!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooo dear!!!!

Free2live

2:51 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

My Mum used have a 125, she picked me up from school on it sometimes, clad in orahge waterproofs. It didn't add anything to my street cred...

2:57 PM  
Blogger JT said...

I think we could start a new saying based on your post -

"Shopping is for nuts"...or should be...

enjoy your machine x

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant! motorbikes are THE best method of transport for getting ones person around from here to there quickly.
not so good for carrying rolls of carpet, washing machines or sheep on, but they are remarkably economical and cheap to run, so the downsides arent very downsided at all. .

5:51 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Ah, THAT explains why you sent me that otherwise entirely random and inexplicable link to the motorcycle site. I'd remind you you still have a bicycle here in Weybridge. I was about to say 'perfectly serviceable bicycle', but actually I think I tried to wheel it back into the shed some time ago and the wheels wouldn't go round. Anyway, you should worry about spending - I've just found a garden company that will build you your own folly!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home