Saturday, May 03, 2008

Project Management

This weekend I decided to rebuild the engine room. I did do this more than a year ago, but having had some work done on re-routing the exhaust and diesel system, everything is arranged in a much better fashion, which means I can put new lower flooring in. This I know will please many of my friends whose legs don’t seem to extend at the angles and length mine do (the ability of which, on my part, is simply a survival technique coupled with practice). Maffi seems to be hanging around the area, so I decided I would try a new approach to DIY and try a management strategy. This involved lots of strolling around, giving out tools and extensive ‘hmmm’ ‘ahh’ ‘erm….’ Noises whilst making measurements and watching Maffi do the work. I really think this technique could work for me. Having said that, it took him quite a while to realise that sawing some 2x2 to a correct length needs a saw rather than extensive chatting to people walking past. We eventually made progress, and most of the wood has been sawn and painted to the correct requirements. I even managed to sneak in the obligatory afternoon snooze for well over an hour! Unfortunately I need another piece of wood, so the project is going to be extended beyond the previously anticipated day to tomorrow.

I am not sure whether project management is for me or not, I am absolutely exhausted, the boat is a tip, and I have had to cancel a trip to see Weeping Cross in order to ensure that the boat is converted back from workshop to living quarters of neuroscientist extraordinaire before I go back to work on Tuesday.

I really do think I could do with a full set of staff.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

I think you can relax about project management. It sounds very much as though you have a 'project', but the 'management' doesn't appear to amount to a great deal, so don't worry about it ...

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home