Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Cruising

I had the lovely company of Martin and Anne over the weekend, and really enjoyed having them onboard when I took the boat out on Saturday. They were both rather good with the fishing net - or rather Martin was good at Hanging Anne over the side! I am now the proud owner of 2 tennis balls and another heron!



I am especially pleased with the heron. I have a few bits from the last one, but not all of it, so I am delighted to have the opportunity to re-try.

It was also a time for seeing people I knew. At Wolvercote lock I bumped into Phil and his mum, and offered them a lift back to the city which they accepted much to my delight. And passing the meadow I waved at Grahoom on his boat.



I am facinated by the sinking hulks that appear on the waterways, and I was struck how some make me feel weak at the knees, as if my soul is being swallowed up into the depths of dispair, and it is all I can do to get them out of sight.



Yet others seem romantic, poetic and enchanting as they rest there holding mysteries from the past and present.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

This last sunk boat is like something from a horror film. Rotting to a skeleton in public gaze!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home