Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Erm.... EXCUSE ME

I thought, for some strange reason, that my boat was private. I also thought, as I surveyed it earlier, that it looked a complete wreck with a dead pheasent in a net flung on the front deck, pirate flag in window, wood on the roof and various buckets of rot distributed around. It doesn't strike me as an environment people would look too kindly on. One day, I will do something about it, but today I am too tired.

So, there I was minding my own business having a snooze when I heard some strange noises.. I got up, realised someone was trampling around on the boat,and flew the front doors open (during which I did a most undignified injury, but managed to carry on) and saw a fully grown up, older than me, responsible looking adult in a fake fur coat, with pruned hair carrying the lunch box of one of the children with her. There were two in total, one on the tow path, and the other was walking down the gunwhales of my boat. I stared and announced that "the adventure playground is over there" and thrust out my arm pointing in its direction (thankfully I am tall and my arm went over the roof of the boat) 'ooh sorry, sorry' I got from the women. Of course, I have now rehersed my FULL tirade incase this ever occurs again.

Gee's.

4 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Isn't it amazing! I'm sure every boater moans about the way people seem to think they have carte blanche to stare through windows at the strange creatures who clearly must inhabit narrowboats. At least I'm consistent and look through people's windows on land as well (if they have lights on and curtains open, it must be because they WANT me to look in).

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

According to The Police Commisar you could have beaten her and her brats with the soggy end of a herons neck.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Amazing! And without even the excuse of being a Japanese tourist.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A heron's neck ? ?

Where the heck would you get one of those ?

In the unlikey event that you did have one I would have thought that the smell would scare off any would be intruders.

OOOPs Sorry I forgot ! You DO have one. From the K&A, I believe. Tee Hee

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home