Monday, March 03, 2008

The year of nature

Last year was the year of the christian camp, and sadly it was not to be. This year, it is the year of nature, and this IS to be.

On Saturday I was feeling a bit blue, so I decided to do what all good women do to cheer themselves up and went shopping. I trawled around various shops, and managed, after about 40minutes to have filled my arms with delightful things to cheer the soul. Firstly I found a tub of grow your own strawberries, and then 2 packs of bulbs which promise me colour and beauty.

Feeling the vibe I stopped off at the garden centre and spent more of my hard earned cash on herbs and a goldfish tank (see here and here for my deliberations on the matter). The tank is now sitting proudly on my dining room table, I am rather fond of it already.

Retail therepy is exactly the right thing to do. It was glorious.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO The herbs were a waste of money. Goldfish taste terrible, no matter what you cook them with.

10:01 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Anon - I am afraid you may be wrong, Gold fish, I am sure, will taste delicious. Especially after I have cherished and fattened them up.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you recommend vinegar or tartare sauce? You could perhaps have "Fillet a friend parties" where guests help prepare dinner. Right up your street ! !

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. As in "I'm having an old friend for dinner" - now where have I heard that before??

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this comment is somewhat late. However, before you go too far with the fish tank, think about the consequences when you bounce about in a lock, hit a gate and the tank contents slop onto the floor. On reflection, perhaps you're a bit more skillful than me.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home