Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fenny Compton To Cropredy

I set of at 8:30 and made it to the watering point by 12:30. As I filled up the boat that had been following me down the locks took the spot I wanted. I reversed up under the bridge but there was no space there. I thought I would have to carry on beyond Cropredy, which was not good news because I ache all over, and my muscles are playing havoc and not behaving at all. I was feeling very sorry for myself as I went sailing past the residential moorings but Alnwick pointed out there were 14 day ones just on the left. PHEW! I have never been so pleased to moor up. I had a delicious coffee aboard Alnwick and am now flaked out. I shall try and muster up some energy to make it up to the shop before it closes, I need milk!

Despite the agony, I was really fortunate on the trip, I followed Alnwick down the locks and they back set them (THANK YOU!) until there were boats coming up, and then I had a bit of help on a couple which was a relief. Maffi is on his way to Banbury, we planned to meet up tomorrow, but it seems he will make it early. I would like to make it early too, but I can barely move now I have sat down!

Normal service will be resumed shortly when I feel less like vomiting and more like laughing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Bones.
We are also in Banbury, so we will see you when you arrive. Who knows I may have another Victoria Sandwich baked hahaha. Take care, stay safe see you when you arrive.
Jo.... onboard Hadar.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home