Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cousins and Sunshine

Cousins are great! I find myself moored near to two of my cousins, and had a fabulous evening catching up with one of them on Monday night. Yesterday I saw the other, Jess, and her new (although 6 months old now) son, Will. I went back to their house, showered (bliss) and joined them for supper after cousins husband Nick returned from a hard day at work. Nick has a fantastic video of Hook Norton Brewery, which has a steam engine, I really must pay the place a visit sometime.

I have awoken to blazing sunshine this morning, all in preparation for the deluge we are promised at the weekend. I am rather perturbed by the prospect of boating in strong winds - the wind is a complete pain when single handed, once the bow is stuck in bushes there isn't a great deal one can do. There was many a time when I first started boating that I moored up in bushes (albeit forcibly by the wind) and carried on with daily life - I must have looked a site crawling through hawthorns and walking around with twigs in my hair!

Matt from Tooleys boat yard is doing a great job re-routing the diesel system and making it sound. The exhaust system should be going in today, and then they will clean the bilges out before it is all complete. I am really looking forward to getting away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

who's promising you a deluge?

http://www.metcheck.com/

is quite optimistic about the weekend (for London, anyway), with only Thursday being really wet. It's useful as it will break down the day into 3 hour chunks as well as more long range stuff.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, how about a strong boater offering to come be your skipper!!!!! worth paying his train fair or petrol i would think!!!! rather than land in the wier!!


come on Men!!!!

Happy Hols!! all things bright and beautiful!

Free2live


Free2live

12:11 PM  
Blogger dhutch said...

Cousins are good arnt they!
- Im going to see a whole host of mine on friday and i cant wait. Beats work anyway.

Started a blog as well

http://snb-emilyanne.blogspot.com/

3:38 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

free2live... I no need man, me hercules.

Simon - no deluge - oh blast! I love the rain, it is the wind I object to

Daniel - about time you started a blog! Enjoy the cousins, they are a wonderful species!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home