Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

This morning I discovered that every single valentines card that was delivered during the night has been stolen. Would you believe it! I am aghast that such criminal activity could take place in such a tranquil village to one so vulnerable and wounded. It was suggested that I hadn't had any in the first place - rediculous! Why would that be so - I have been moored here for most of the winter, and I am quite sure the villagers would have clubbed together to buy me card at least - and that wasn't even there.

The upside is that I did get a valentines text, and although I have no idea who it is from, I suspect it is from a friend who has used their girlfriends or wifes phone - which would make them wholly unsuitable.

I suppose the local squire may still be riding across the fields on his stallion... there is hope yet.

If the worst comes to the worst last years card will just have to last another year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you checked the rubbish bin to see if your spam mail filter has moved your Valentines Cards there?

;-)

NB Otter

1:45 PM  
Blogger Harryman said...

Always worth sending yourself a couple (unsigned of course) just in case. Then you can put them on display and watch male friends' faces for traces of guilt/ embarrassment/jealousy etc

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have such a bad memory missy!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine sweetheart!
- Carrie (now I have no hair, I'm allowed to send girls valentines!)

7:40 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

oooooh! Bones faints. =o)

7:55 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

What is your sainted Mother playing at? Doesn't everyone's Muma send them a card? xxx

Men must be blind...

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home