Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Room for two?

Living on ones own is all very well, but I think I might become too stagnant and selfish if I do it for too long. Not only that, but my boat has room for another, so I have been thinking about getting a pet. I am not exceptionally good at looking after myself, and I am not overly fond of pets, so I have for sometime been thinking about the ideal creature for the boat. I am not at home enough for a dog, and cats make me sneeze and wheeze. I did think about a goat but it might eat my shower curtain, and that left a sheep. The advantage of a sheep was that if I found I couldn't look after it, I could eat it. The size of a sheep can be a problem, so I thought about a ferret. Ferrets are cute, but they might eat my electrical cables.
As you can see, this has taken a couple of years to resolve. I am keen for the company, and like the idea of having something to look after - the discipline would be good, and the routine will add some order to my otherwise chaotic existence. After much deliberation and discussion I have decided to buy a fish tank. I am not sure that I will go the whole hog and buy an alive fish to swim in it, but if the tank goes well, I think I might.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not geta trained carp or a pike then it can go for 'walks' in the cut..it could even swim along side the boat on a little leash..arhhh,,,,cute

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always! Alway! worth remembering,that if you get fed up with the fish, do NOT try killing it for supper, by drowning it,


Free2live

2:23 PM  
Blogger Whitewater said...

Heaven help us, you struggle to look after yourself. Perhaps I should have the RSPCA on speed dial.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bones if you go down this route i see only disaster as its just another tank to leak and leave you mopping up its contents. lol

Allan

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fall for the one about old goats. You're better off on your own.

Parrots live too long and you would need to learn the filthy language they all talk. Not your style at all.

Canaries are good especially if the Carbon Monoxide monitor packs up.

Given your penchant for skeletons it might be worth considering something with an exo-skelton save you having to disembowel it or perhaps a jelly fish and take up a less gruesome hobby.

Just a few ideas !!

Take care !

7:24 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I have a bald cat you can have....

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep i have a fish,its a silver gold fish(true),you can train them to eat food from your finger........also put an ice cube in the tank really confuses them

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adopt Me ! ! I'm house trained.

A Nonny Mouse

7:26 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

pike bite.

I did think of a tortoise because I would love the skeleton, but sadly they live too long.

A nonny mouse - how sweet, but I think I would struggle with the ballast having an elephant on board, and I fear you would eat ALL the buns!

Whitewater - very funny! I did laugh... perhaps you could be its godfather?


Allan - they don't leak, I am SURE of it!

Another problem with rats is they will eat the cables if I let it out. I used to keep mice in my pocket... indeed, my friend/sister/lodger used to keep a rat in her pocket - blink. Unfortunately he escaped during church communion once... but we got him back

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A snake. Great skeltons, only need to eat once in a blue moon and if it gets too cold they just sleep. Also good for keeping intruders at bay. They dont eat wires, but do eat rats. You can't go wrong.

Mukiwa

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you kept a snake or a lizard or any other creatures in a dry tank they would be the only ones in danger if the tank leaked. Mind you I suppose for that to happen the boat would have to be underw..a..t..e..............

I think I'd better think it out again.

Besides the old goats, keep your undoubted wits about you for rats, snakes, pigs and for some strange reason "Bald Cats" but I'm not sure why.

Good luck with Barry whatever you decide to keep in him.

KH

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home