Friday, February 15, 2008

Paid to be good

Heaven help society. So, it isn't enough that the youth of today can jump on the benefits bandwagon, they now get paid for behaving, or at least making their children behave. Does this mean I, as a working individual, have a right to have children that misbehave. What on earth happened to prisons? Surely the threat of social services, prison and never escaping the circle of depravity should be enough of an incentive for anyone, without having tax payers money being dolled out for every please and thank you.

Who needs to work, that is what I want to know. We get houses, money to have children, crisis loans that we can never pay back, and now we get paid to get a job which we can lose after a week and then get paid to get another one - good lord, I'll be getting pocket money for being polite next.

No wonder the waterways are in decline, we are too busy paying people not to work and to be polite.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess that let's me out, then. Seems I can be impolite whether I get paid or not. I'm polite to those who are polite to me.

Those who are disrespectful to me or others in my sight can expect an ear bashing.
KH

4:12 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh Mort, please tell me this is satire, I was so looking forward to meeting you next week, I didn't have you down as a Daily Mail ranter. Don't take as gospel everything you read on Yahoo News (check out Nick Davies' Flat Earth News if you want to know why).

3:27 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

good lord Sarah - the daily mail - what on earth is one of those!!!? (titter) Horrors... as for letting the truth get in the way of a good rant; I wouldn't dream of it. As it happens a young friend of mine has decided to embark upon the benefit bandwagon, and the way it is I really COULD believe it was true!!!!

As for the flat earth... splendid - another believer!

5:54 PM  
Blogger S said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:18 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Pleased to have put your mind at rest Sarah - Imust remember to wear my mail t-shirt at the weekend!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do sound a bit like Maffi.

4:51 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

This sounds awfully like Scrooge - "are there no prisons, are there no workhouses?"

That said, given the yound lady you have in a mind a stind in the workhouse might be an idea. Surely hemp still needs picking :-)

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely Hemp needs smoking ! or am I showing myage?

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home