Friday, February 22, 2008

LED lighting

As a trial I bought an LED light to try on the boat to see whether I really do want to replace all my fittings with them. I spoke to the company and told them what I wanted, and they said the warm white would do me proud.

It doesn't.

LED lighting doesn't spread, the warm one turnes my cats nose yellow (I abhor yellow), and I certainly can't read by it.

The only other light is a bright white, but do I really want to spend another 20pounds on one to try to find that is no good. I don't think so.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but you did a brilliant job fitting it. Just not enough to light the room!

6:26 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

you are too kind! You admired it beautifully and made all the right noises!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Bruce in Sanity said...

As far as I can see (not far with LEDs!), they are OK for mood lighting or very concentrated spots like over the bed for reading in the night, but no way bright enough for general purposes.

Homebase are doing a stick on battery one for a fiver atm - handy for using to lighht a dark area tthe main lights don't reach, or in a cupboard, say.

ATB

Bruce

10:03 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Bruce - have you tried the cool white LEDs, are they the same?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home