Thursday, January 03, 2008

Take Me to the Water

AGH!
The electrician is doing some re-wiring, how am I meant to work under these conditions?! I would go and 'work from home', but I am off to visit some Caledonian Crows this afternoon. I find their tool use absolutely facinating. We so often associated such behaviour to chimps, but the idea that Crows can do similar things goes against the grain of our conventional thinking. I am always pleased to see research making it into the media; two tools better than one.

P.S. We aren't going after all! todays viewing appointment has been postponed until next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hiya its Lisa here on the narrowshop boat. Just came accross your blog. I will add it to my blog friends and keep popping back if thats ok!?. We are a shop all year round and The Ice Cream Boat in the summer so you will spot us no trouble!. We are heading to Chester in next few weeks then in May London canals. Take care for now luv. Lisa http://thenarrowshop.blogspot.com/ do feel free to viit my blog sometime. Thanks. Lisa

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was research some years ago that discovered that crows could count up to 30, suggesting they were the most intelligent of the birds.
I also used to observe a crow at Newton Harcourt lock with intelligent behaviour. When it heard a narrow boat approaching the top gates it would fly into a nearby tree and wait until the lock was vacated. It would then fly down and feed on small fish trapped on the sill. Thanks for bringing these articles to our attention.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home