Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Deer, Heron and Crow

On Maffi's birthday Kim and Jim bought over the remainders of a deer so I could do my business with it. I put it in the boot of the car in order to take it to the ancestral seat and deal with it there. Unfortunately due to my concussion etc I didn’t feel up to doing anything with it, so it has remained in the car ever since. Maffi, bless him, hasn’t complained at all. He makes the odd murmuring when we first get into the car about how I need to do something about the deer, and I can only agree, and then it isn’t mentioned again.
It isn’t only the deer I need to do something about; the crows head, and the heron are in need of attention, the latter is still in my gas locker.
Anyway, the ultimate solution is chicken wire. What I need to do is make a chicken wire cage/box, put the remains in it and then immerse it in the water until it is nice and clean. The question is whether it will work or just stop the rotting process.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bones,

I am just about to throw away a chicken wire cage, approx 18" x 18" x 24" that was used as a squirrel proof bird feeder. Originally uses as a fox proof squirrel trap. Interested FOC?

2:01 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

definitely!!! Where are you?

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bones

Have you seen this site?http://www.skullsite.com/misc/macerationmanual.htm

Poor old Maffi - did he know all this whn he took you on?

Happy Christmas to you both and I'm sorry to read that the Cleric has lost his bike - how about putting a plea out on Freecycle? (I guess the robber has brought a new meaning to 'free-cycle' )

Love and WARM best wishes on this chilly day
from
Chris 'n'Ken and Charlie the hound. xxxxx

2:35 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

love the site - I will keep my eye on that one!
Thank you

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good,it would be nice to see it put to good use.Near Crick, but could arrange to meet somewhere convenient.

5:28 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

is Thrupp a convienient place? hmm.. i shall get my map out. What is your email address? Mine is in my profile. full name @ yahoo.co.uk

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mijoedward@aol.com. I will email you.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home