Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bones is CROSS

Calcutt sent me a new number 2 injector pipe - HURRAH. NO NOT HURRAH but BOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSS, it was the wrong shape. However the lovely chap in our workshop became instant hero of the day and sorted out my old one: all hail the departmental workshop (and boo hiss to anyone that tries to close it). Injector pipe was fitted and I bled the system AGAIN. Many thanks to David S for helping me out with a workshop manual and a lovely description of how to do this. Engine STILL won't start, and now the battery is flat. GRRR. However, I am not a DR for nothing; I fished out my jump leads, connected my leisure batteries and hey presto, now I have POWER. So, I check the system is bled and try again, STILL no luck. Well, I think to myself, I have fuel; dusty filled me up to the top on Sunday. AH I think
STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. TURN THE &^%$%^^ FUEL BACK ON!!!!!!! I crawl under the engine, turn the tap and NOW I have fuel running to the engine, in my hair, down my arms and everywhere. Hurrah. I try again and STILL the wretched thing won't start.
I now have no battery power at all.
Bones is sulking and NOT amused. I think I shall see if I can find a horse, they don't need bleeding, have fabulous teeth and like hay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Miss T says if you get a horse she'll come and groom it for you.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed! Sorry, but I did. Have you got a car nearby for jumpstarting purposes (just thought - you'll need some very long jump leads or else you'll have to take the car battery out (but don't flatten that too!))? Hope you get this sorted soon.

I've just read your Canal Boat column and I laughed at that too! Not at you, you understand, but at the writing ... oh, you know what I mean.

Keep it up!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Whitewater said...

All this nashing of teeth and getting vexed, does this make you hot cross bones(buns).

10:40 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

John h - laugh? This is a very serious matter I will have you know! I am going to start all over again on sunday (once I have re-charged my batteries at the weekend) (btw, I replied to your other comments on the eco fan etc yesterday!)

Whitewater - bad boy!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home