Monday, September 24, 2007

lovely people

I was stumbling home after work and spotted someone vaguely familiar cycling down the towpath, and low and behold it was Phil Nixon. Phil is such a lovely chap with a gorgeous family all of whom have shared many a happy moment on the previous boat I lived on. As we were chatting over some tea on the front deck, a chap walked passed and asked me where he could get some water for his batteries. As his empty container was the same size as the full one I had on my boat, I offered him that, but he said he needed more. I directed him off to Halfords and off he went. Sometime later he returned, stopped and reached into his bag and gave me a box of chocolates. How delightfully charming people can be. I was so chuffed! He told me he had stopped off at the station to buy them as a thank you for offering the water I had. I am touched. How lovely.

It was great seeing Phil after so many years. It was good to catch up, and it was just like old times. With good friends the passage of time is an irrelevant continuum. I love it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Its the way of boaters m'lady.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and there was me thinking I was super charming!!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

You are super charming too...

8:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto

11:35 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

bless!!!!

Thanks for that guys - the fee you qouted is in the post.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home