Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cleaners of the Mind

I often remark on how fortunate I am to have such lovely friends, but it was pointed out to me this morning that I have not mentioned some dear and fabulous people who get me through each day, laugh at me and give me so much advice it would make the mental health system look inadequate. When they knew I had a blog, I was told in no uncertain terms that they were to remain 'unmentioned' but I am told this no longer stands. Now they have computers they can keep an eye on what I write, and thus want a mention. So ladies, and Nathan, here you are.

I have known them for several years, and we have spent many a time sitting on the steps of a building stroking our preverbial beards discussing the life the universe and everything. Indeed, this group of friends have seen me through thick and thin, put me straight, held their head in their hands in dispair and although they are fabulous listeners they are pretty good at telling me how it is. Such wisdom cannot be found in books, such patience cannot be bought, and such kindness cannot be earnt. They are unjudgmental and have a wicked sense of humour. What a fabulous group of people.

Angie, Michelle and Nathan - you are all absolute gems and I mean every word of it. Thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

Hurrah for the cleaners! I myself am very fond of our pub landlord, for similar reasons...

I'm not an alcholic (hic).

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdodc1Eu1nA&mode=related&search=

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home