Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Public Transport

I arrived home today for a brief interlude on the boat and looked out of the window just as a familier boat went past - Du Morvan, I used to moor next to them. They moored alongside and we had a catch up on all the news. It was really good to see them.

I have fitted a new lock to the front doors and promtly locked myself out. OOOPS! Thankfully I had the side catch open. I must sort out a way to make sure that doesn't happen again!

Most of my holiday plans have been scuppered as my car is in the garage being fixed and waiting for parts, so I am exploring public transport again. Sigh.

I had a lovely night last night with Maffi, Kim and Jim. We went to the white feathers in Hungerford for a meal. The dog took a complete shine to Kim. Jim is excellent on the guitar and if you can persuade Maffi to sing, I quite like it.

Transporting a heron on the train is a sure way to get a seat to yourself. When I boarded I put the bucket on the opposite seat, but a chap at the next stop growled at me and looked down his nose at me as he indicated he wanted to sit on the seat with the bucket opposite me rather than the 5 other available seats in the suite. I was rather annoyed, so I took the bucket off the seat and placed it under the table by his and my feet. He looked triumphant at first, but gently began to look a bit pale.
I am not normally that mean... honest!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you defleshing the heron? will you be wall mounting it or using it as a study for your art?
ive only done sheeps heads and small rodents before, im curious to see the heron in all its glory. post a pic so we can see it.
a herons leg must look great too.. theyre quite long things.
I saw a heron bullying the penguins in london zoo last week.. so im glad one of them has been shown the light as natures revenge

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you put the heron in the bucket before or after you peed in it?

5:20 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Hi Honey, I took the head, neck and leg off and took as much of the flesh glupe away as possible, but it needs to rot a bit more, which is what it shall do for now. I haven't decided what I will do - probably add the skull to the rest of the collection and hang the neck up wired up somewhere delightful. I am looking forward to examining the leg - I should have taken both of them really just to be able to practice on one!

Heth - different bucket!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

What do you know about Du Morvan then? The Morvan is the area of rural France where Christopher, my cousin, lives... it's very lovely.

8:28 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

the boat is named after the area which is where the owners have a house...!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes lass IIRC its my bucket

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My new bucket!!!!!!!!!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home