Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mooring Musings

After several weeks being on the canal and Thames with Maffi it was time to move on. Maffi headed off to the Kennett and Avon, and I moved onto my new mooring. I only intended to stay one night and head back onto the river again, but after a rather exciting time (see Miss T's summary) I decided to hang out for a few days. The new mooring is peaceful, calming and welcoming with a gorgeous view over a park. I have some lovely neighbours along the way and I am feeling very fortunate indeed, especially as I know I will be in the area for another three years (woo hoo).

Rather a lot has been happening chez Bones over the last 6 weeks, not to mention nearly sinking the boat, or nearly losing it down the river while I stood on the bank scratching my head, but with work, friends and a combination of everything it has been an unsettling time. I always say that boating is ideal for a tired and weary mind, and it is. I have spent most of the last however long being moored near Maffi, and he has provided a welcome break from the hilarity, amusement and downright stupidity on my part, and some sage wisdom when things have gone wrong. All in all, Maffi is a good chap and as the bosun (lock boy) would say 'a thoroughly good egg'. It has been great.

I am going to be house-sitting for a collegue at the end of the week; I am looking forward to seeing what house dwelling is like - I am dreaming of the bath already!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is that it?

5:31 PM  
Blogger valonia said...

Peaceful? Have you not noticed those pesky baby coots and their overly large lung capacities, rather worn vocal chords, and inability to recognize the world should be asleep at 3am?

7:47 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

No Maffi, that is not it. I haven't yet put all that into words and should I post it here on the blog, I am not sure I even can put it into words yet.

Valonia - bliss I tell you, it is wonderful!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh sorry!

10:52 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

don't be sorry - should I write about it?

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home