Friday, May 18, 2007

Made It

Phew! I have made it through the towns and waterways of the south and arrived safely with my new life, new job and new location. It was a fabulous journey cruising Bones up the river through cloudy skies, heavy rain and bursts of sunshine. We met a man in a lock with a fabulous moustache:



a lock keeper who played the ukele - we were lucky to catch him when he wasn't working and he serenaded us. Lock boy has a photo and I must see whether I can put it up here.

Lock boy cruised:




and I fixed the bathroom.

Lock boy has returned to his northern waters and I gather his newly built canoe (by his fair hand nonetheless) is undergoing sea trials this evening. I think crewing the boat has certainly given him a few tips on how to man his own vessle. 16tonnes of steel must be comparable to a 'sling it over the shoulder at locks' canadian canoe.

It is very good to be back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

How did we miss you????

Gutted not to have waved at the very least..

Sue

12:11 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Congratulations on making it

10:23 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I have to say that Lock Boy is looking very stern and unbending in this photo. Strange as he's such a sweet pussy cat IRL! 8-)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lock Boy is not a sweet pussy cat, he is a rufty tufty costumed crime fighter with super human powers of rope pulling and boat pointing. Ggggrrr!
Yours
Lock Boy

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home