Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oxford Mooring Hermit

There is a very strong possibility that I will be moving to Oxford. Oxford is a very popular place and moorings are hard to find.
In the old days country houses used to advertise for a hermit. The appropriate character would be selected and would live in a cave somewhere on the estate, and be visited periodically by after dinner guests. It was awfully prestidgous to have a hermit.

I wonder whether it is possible to be a modern day hermit? If anyone out there has a mooring and would like to have a 'work in progress' moored at the bottom of their garden. Dr Bones would be an ideal candidate. Not only can I be polite, quiet and good natured, but I can cut grass and appear to be out most of the time! Not even my neighbours think I live aboard; I know this because I often hear them talking about how I am never in whilst I dine in the dark with my candle!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first read this as "Oxford Mooring Permit". Then I wondered if an Oxford Mooring Hermit needs an Oxford Mooring Permit... Perhaps there's an Oxford flooring Kermit ... er, this is silly. Sorry!

3:24 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

very silly... and made me chuckle!!!

Not keen on the kermit side of things though - green clashes with my eyes!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home