Friday, March 16, 2007

River Wey

Maffi is in the area! We (John, Beloved and myself) met up with him at the anglers in Walton last night and it looks like we may be looking to go down the Wey this weekend. There has been some work on the lock area at Town Lock, Weybridge which involved draining the pound - I don't know whether they have put the water back yet! I am not sure how to find out whether the Wey is accessible at the moment, but the first ports of call are here and Dapdune Wharf.

If anyone knows any info DO let me know!!!!

I think Maffi will be around this area for most of the week which will be good as we are having a canal world boaters banter next Sunday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mortimer Bones! Welcome to the Wey Navigation again. Hope you have an enjoyable time. Please be sure to let us know how you get on - after all we have a vested interest!
Phil Kemp
Editor: The River Wey & Navigations community site
http:www.weyriver.co.uk/theriver

12:43 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Thank Phil! I have spoken to Thames lock and it sounds as though they are going to have some repairs done on the lock on monday! It doesn't sound as though we will be able to go this weekend after all!

I have just found your email address on the site, so I will let you know when I do actually get to come down - it would be good to meet up.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home