Wednesday, November 29, 2006

exhaustion and plumbing

It was my birthday the other day would you like to sing to me? Several people did much to my delight. I had a fabulous day, I was spoilt rotten and loved every minute!

I have just spent this evening plumbing. Plumbing, as far as I can gather, involves squeezing into spaces that aren't quite big enough and huffing as one tries to fit 'that bit there' 'undo that bit' - not to mention when trying to find the tool I just put down. I have put another isolator valve in the system. I put one in last year so I could separate the kitchen from the bathroom and calorifier, but now I want to be able to use the bathroom sink and the kitchen but not the shower. I will replace the extra isolator with the shower plumbing in time. It didn't go smoothly, and I am not pleased with an extra bit I did, I have a joint too many. I will fix this when I sort the shower out. It is better to have as few joints as possible as this limits potential leaks.

I shall test all the plumbing tomorrow rather than this evening - I don't think I fancy dealing with various leaks today!

Although the plumbing took quite a bit out of me, I am now sitting here feeling rather warm! Fantastic.

I am off to find a tap so I can fill my kettle. The stone hotwater bottle is proving to be a real treasure to this particular boaters life. At the moment the weather is gorgeously mild but the bottle warms the bed and keeps me warm until the morning. Bliss.

3 Comments:

Blogger valonia said...

Happy Birthdaaaaaay toooooo yoooooooou!

My singing is terrible!

Good luck with the plumbing. It took 2 years for Rob to sort out our hot water. In another 2 years he'll get around to plumbing in the washing machine!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Mortimer

Have come across your blog via Valonia (above). Trust your plumbing is now working OK?

12:31 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

My plumbing has worked a treat! I tested it as far as the dining room which is where I have put a new isolator valve in. I still need to plumb in the shower effectively.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home