Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Musings

Having made a post about the weather I feel totally ashamed! I have stumbled across an excellent website: nb Epiphany which has superb photos and a blog of a narrowboat build. I really love websites which go into so much detail about their build, not least because it gives me ideas for my boat, and if the photos are good they also give me an indication of how to go about instigating these ideas myself! I inserted a cupboard inside my front doors to the right last weekend and it is a huge success. I have also cut the wood for my wardrobe (I took the wardrobe apart to make the cupboard!). I am going to relocate my wardrobe from the dining room into the sitting room. It will rest opposite the stove so my clothes are kept dry during the winter.

As I read various blogs, I realise how archaic my current idea of comfortable living is. It had never occurred to me that there was anything wrong with having no hot water, electricity in only half of the boat, and just the squirrel stove for heating - which only really heats half the boat comfortably. I am seriously going to think about these issues for the future - as I get older I expect I will not find stone cold showers amusing.

In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying the prospect of painting tomorrow, and am finding a great deal of the wood I have been looking for through places like freecycle and local skips.

Just a note - anything that is found in a skip legally belongs to the owner. This means that you have to ask permission before removing anything unless you want to be accused of stealing. I can't remember who told me this - but if you know to the contrary do leave a message!

What colour shall I paint my front doors? The boat is going to be grey on the sides. I THINK I will do the front well deck grey too, but a lighter grey to the sides, and that just leaves the doors..........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bones! Check my list if you are looking for narrowboat blogs - some of them detail the build: Narrowboat Blogs

6:03 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Fantastic! Thank you. I will do that. I am always keen on finding the build photo's. I regularly look up several blogs and their links, but the builds are rather more scarce! I will look through your list.

Thanks for visiting!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home